Here, a step by step guide to becoming a member. The Membership Department will help you with every step of the process.
- Prospective Member Reception – Prospective Member Receptions are held monthly courtesy of Stephen C. Target, Vice President of Membership. These gatherings are an ideal way for prospective members to get a feel for The League, meet other members and prospects, and take a tour of the League house. Spouses and guests are welcome and encouraged to attend. Complimentary cocktails and hors d'oeuvres are served from 5:00-7:00pm. To reserve, contact the Membership Department, at 215-587-5576 or email@example.com.
- Completing the Proposal – Fill out the enclosed proposal by hand and fax it to 215-587-5597. Or, you can request our "E-Proposal" to be completed on your computer.
- The Posting List – Your proposal needs a proposer and a seconder to be considered "ready to post." Once you are added to the monthly Posting List, you are considered a "Candidate."
- Finding Sponsors – You need 6 sponsors total (this includes the proposer and seconder, two other letter writers and two phone contacts). If you are unclear about who you know, contact the Membership Department; we can usually help. The Membership Department will also contact all of the sponsors to request letters of recommendation and will work with you to schedule an interview.
- The Interview – The Admissions Committee meets on the first Tuesday of every month. Your proposer will introduce you to the Chairman of the Panel and the Board Member in attendance.
- New Member – Once you are elected to membership, you will be invited to a complimentary Induction Dinner and Orientation Tour to celebrate your election to the League.
If you are interested in Union League membership, call the Membership Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-587-5576.